Join the Consortium
- In collaboration; working together to challenge the status quo and advocate for children and young people with SEND. Respecting the opinions and experience of parents, teachers, organisations and schools and working together to collectively improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND.
- In using and embedding what we know (and evidence demonstrates) works and taking this to scale. We want to ensure that every teacher in every classroom who identifies an area for learning or needs support knows where to find best practice and can access it easily.
- In ensuring all voices are heard. We are a school-led consortium but we know schools do not have all the answers. We want to work with parents, charities and young people who can provide challenge and expertise
Often consortia have large memberships which are inert and contribute little. Power is held centrally and it is the same voices heard throughout.
The Whole School SEND Consortium is committed to inclusivity – we are keen to extend our work and engagement with other schools, groups and individuals alongside our Founding Members
We ask that members work in the spirit of our principles:
- Collaborating – working together to improve outcomes for children & young people with SEND and sharing and disseminating the work of the Consortium.
- Using and embedding what we know works – working with the Consortium to collate and examine resources and promoting the use of the portal once this is completed.
- Ensuring voices are heard – providing representation and submitting feedback in sub- projects.
- Challenging our work, advising when we make mistakes and celebrating when we achieve. Working to the Nolan Principles and in a Collective Responsibility function.
What we offer:
- To be part of a unique and genuinely collaborative initiative that will work with relentless enthusiasm and drive to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND.
- Free and significantly discounted places at our training, events and conferences throughout the year including a Whole School SEND conference to take place in March.
- Promotion of Whole School SEND Consortium members through our social media, newsletters and networks.
- A network of SEND enthusiasts to share best practice, policy and key information with.
- An opportunity to contribute to our ongoing ‘think pieces’ and ‘blogs’ functions.